Snacking is awesome, but not all snacks are created equal.
A bag of chips is delicious, but it probably won’t actually tide you over until your next meal.
That’s where protein comes in. Protein keeps you fuller longer since it takes a while to digest and keeps your blood sugar levels stable, so you won’t be tired and hungry again in like five minutes, explains Abby Langer, a Toronto-based registered dietician.
Here are some super easy, healthy options with at least 10 grams of protein. Never be hangry again:
1. Tuna Salad on Crackers
2. High-Protein Fruit Dip with Sliced Apples
3. Banana Almond Crunch Greek Yogurt
4. Hard-Boiled Egg and Avocado Bowl
5. Shake-and-Go Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
6. Chickpea, Avocado, and Feta Salad
7. Avocado Toast with Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes
8. Apple Sandwiches with Almond Butter and Granola
9. Skinny Burrito in a Jar
10. Chipotle-Lime Edamame
11. Homemade High-Protein, Sweet and Salty Trail Mix
12. Low-Carb Pesto and Turkey Cucumber Roll-Ups
13. Chocolate Pudding
14. Cherry Tomato Caprese Salad
15. Strawberry Cheesecake Chia Seed Pudding
16. Blueberry Bliss
17. Black Bean Hummus Dip and Sliced Vegetables
18. One-Minute Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt
19. Watermelon, Avocado, and Ricotta Salad
20. Peanut Butter–Banana Smoothie
21. Cake Batter Mousse.