The way you eat plays a very large role in how you feel from day to day. If you notice that you always feel tired and like you don’t have enough energy to get through your days, then chances are you are not eating correctly.
There are specific types of food that boost energy naturally, and they’re often known as superfoods. These foods share certain qualities, such as:
- Containing a large variety of nutrients.
- Having alkaline to help balance pH levels.
- Being very high in protein.
These are the types of foods that will provide with the fuel you need to feel your best and live each day to the fullest.
Here is a list of 25 superfoods to add to your diet right away:
1. Almonds: perfect for healthy snacking. Almonds are high in many nutrients and healthy fats. They will keep you full in between meals.
2. Broccoli: very naturally high in alkaline and fiber. Helps you feel full, promotes detox, and prompts weight loss.
3. Spinach: full of antioxidants, vitamins, and helpful for fighting inflammation. Cook spinach to help your body overall, and keep your skin clear.
4. Blueberries: delicious fruit that boosts your mood while providing you with very high levels of antioxidants.
5. Strawberries: contains a lot of vitamin C, which your body uses for many purposes. Eat strawberries daily to reap all their benefits.
6. Goji berries: a perfect and convenient snack that will fight aging, give you better eyesight, and enhance your energy.
7. Sweet potato: you do need some carbs, so get complex ones from sweet potato. Full of vitamins and minerals, your body will be able to burn the carbs for energy, without consuming unnecessary sugars.
8. Quinoa: another complex carbohydrate that is also very high in protein, quinoa makes a great meal by itself. Throw in some vegetables and you’ll be full for hours.
9. Pineapple: very important and helpful for digestive processes and health.
10. Carrot: full of fiber, minerals and vitamins, carrots will help your eyesight, while also fighting cancer and diabetes.
11. Eggs: high in protein and with a yolk packed full of nutrients, eggs are a healthy food to eat a few times per week.
12. Salmon: great for your health, the amino acids in salmon provide the protein your body needs for proper functioning.
13. Avocado: one of the best superfoods, avocados are high in nutrients, fiber, and healthy fats. Eating them multiple times per day is advisable.
14. Coconut water: rich in many minerals, coconut water helps to keep body temperature regulated and replenish electrolytes to keep energy up.
15. Banana: bananas are great for boosting energy, but they also help you sleep better.
16. Apple: eating apples everyday will give you lots of nutrients and antioxidants, as well as keep the doctor away.
17. Pumpkin seeds: just a small handful as a snack packs a lot of fiber and protein to keep you full before your next meal.
18. Maca: helps keep your immune system and skin healthy.
19. Watermelon: high in vitamins and made mostly of water, there is no reason not to enjoy watermelon.
20. Cucumber: it will help you stay full, get hydrated, and can even help get rid of headaches or hangovers.
21. Chia seeds: throw them into your food or smoothies to boost protein, fiber, and omega-3 levels.
22. Spirulina: full of nutrients, this is a great source of protein for vegetarians and vegans.
23. Flaxseeds: very high in fiber, they will help you avoid overeating.
24. Black pepper: works naturally to burn fat while also fighting inflammation and protecting against free radical damage.
24. Water: you know the story. Your body needs water for everything to function properly.
Add these superfoods into your regular diet, and you’ll find yourself walking through life with higher energy levels and losing weight without trying.